Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to my sister

Happy New Year to you and happy birthday to my little sister. She's had a few tough hurdles this year so I'm sending some extra good wishes her way.

Here's a fun birthday card that I made with the current trend of banners. I don't have any banner dies or stamps but made do with a circle punch! I saw it on someone's blog and thought it was brilliant! Like most of us, my crafting dollars are limited so I like finding some solutions like this where I can use what I have.

2011 11 17_4994_edited-1

I simply punched a handful of circles from some patterned paper I had lying around and adhered them over a length of baker's twine. I then stamped a couple stars to fill out the card front but it was still looking a little bare. So, I hand drew the red box around the edges and that seemed to pull it all together.

Make it a good one!

Supplies:
Stamps: Wonderful Words Additions, Star Prints, All Star, Halloween Tags 2009 (PTI)
Other: Wonderful Words dies, bakers twine (PTI)

9 comments:

Kara said...

this is so cute!! fun and bright!!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh what a fun and colorfu card! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

AWESOME!! Love the banner and the sprinkling of stars and the bright, cheery colors!!

Joyce said...

Love how you made your own banner, and used the Happy die, too. Happy birthday to your sister.

Marybeth said...

Love your pretty birthday card , great banner idea too!
Happy New Year!

Heidi said...

What a cool card!! I love the banner! It's brilliant!

Leigh Penner said...

What a great card, Jennifer! I love the stars and banner with the Wonderful Words!

Sadilla said...

Hi jennifer
I arrived right now at your blog for the very first time... wow you are so talented!!! =)
I love your cards and projects... and I'll come back soon, so much inspiration in your blog!!! =)
Hugs
sadia

Unknown said...

Awww this is awesome. I so love your birthday wishes for sister, truly fun and quirky! cheers for both of you!