Tuesday, June 9, 2015

CTS and PTI challenges!

I'm often inspired by the sketches at CAS(E) this Sketch, but I don't often have time to play or post my card. This time I did! Yea me! I'm also entering this in Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge to use a neutral where we might otherwise use a color.



So many ideas with this one - just had to pick one! I stuck with the floral/botanical theme.

Jennifer Kinney_sympathy leaves01

I used PTI's Turning a New Leaf in gray ink (inspired by the PTI Make It Monday challenge) on the upper left and bottom right corners. I added a few bits of color - I really wanted to keep it subtle but not drab. I also knew this was going to be a sympathy card, so it really needed to be more subdued, IMO.

Jennifer Kinney_sympathy leaves02

I used a MFT frame and popped up the center panel on foam tape for some dimension.

Jennifer Kinney_sympathy leaves03

The sentiment label was edged with gray ink to just ever so subtly bring it out from the background.

Thanks for looking! 

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Love the soft pops of color against the neutral.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely beautiful...love it! :0)

Birgit said...

Gorgeous! Love this CAS card!

Barbara said...

Perfect, and a very delicate card.

Tara said...

Beautiful! Love the layering effect!

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely card. Sweet soft grey leaves, and especially love your layout!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card with the soft leaves and small bursts of pretty flowers. Lovely!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Jennifer! I love it!

Diana K said...

Serenely beautiful. Sympathy cards are the hardest thing ever, but you really got it right.

Kathy Mc said...

Love your sympathy card, and those are always so difficult to make. Going to PIN this one. Congrats on your shout-out in PTI's July Newsletter!

Joyce said...

What a beautiful and soothing sympathy card. Congrats on your feature today in the PTI news.