Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sentiment stems

I've let too much time slip since my last post. Sorry about that. With the start of school, soccer (for both kids), volleyball, football, increased workload for me at work, well, blogging kind of took a back seat. I have lots of cards that I haven't shown yet and several more that I have yet to take pictures of. Such a process! Anyway, on to the card...

2012 04 15_5937_edited-1

I used a variety of sentiments as the stems of the flowers - kind of a fun look!

Do you want to see my first attempt at this concept? It's not pretty but I worked through the trouble spots and came up with a good one so it's all okay, right? There's always some stinkers along the way.

2012 04 15_5940_edited-1

Ick! The patterned paper was too tall on this card, the flowers were a little too different, and everything was a little too squished. For my "final" card, I used fewer distracting elements (patterned paper, variety of blooms) so the focus would stay more on the flower stem sentiments.

Even though that was a stinker of a card and I'm not proud to post it I like to see these sorts of things on others' blogs. It's a good reminder that everyone creates projects that are destined for the circular file, and also it helps me learn the design rules - why one thing worked better than another choice.

Thanks for dropping by.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream (PTI)
PP: Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Ink: Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Basil (Fresh Ink)
Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Four Of A Kind, Big & Bold Wishes, Birthday Basics, Just The Ticket (all PTI)
Other: jar label die (PTI), corner rounder

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Glad you kept working. The final product is worth it.

StephH said...

Such a fun card! A CAS design and I really like the stems of your flowers. That basil ink is a nice green.

Cassi said...

love how you showed take 1 with final product!

carol (krillsister) said...

Pretty card. Love the use of sentiments as stems.
I understand the time commitment with a blog.

finding hope said...

Goodd job