Saturday, September 7, 2013

PTI MIM#130

Hey there! I'm getting this posted just in the knick of time for Papertrey's Make It Monday #130 - Using Heat 'N Bond to make fabric die cuts. I'm so glad Erin made a tutorial for this - I desperately needed the hand-holding to figure this out. Yes, I know it's not difficult but still...I appreciated it.

Home is where the heart is_1

I used my Love Lives Here house die with some Heat 'N Bond to cut a little house out of both yellow and out of red fabric. Then I cut the red roof and ironed it onto the yellow house. I set it on die cut using a die from Sending You. I backed it with some woodgrain paper from MME. It kind of reminds me of a little fairy door on a tree stump. Does it to you?

Home is where the heart is_2

I also used the grass and flowers and the bitty heart (all from Loves Lives Here) to fill in around the house. I used the PTI cloud dies and cut off the bottom for a different look. A bit of twine and it's all done.

Home is where the heart is_3

Kinda cute, I think. So glad I tried this technique - can't wait to try it again.

3 comments:

Carolanne said...

Such a sweet card! I love the little house with fabric. Great idea and perfect touch.

Sheri said...

So cute. I love the idea of cutting off the cloud bottoms.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet, Jennifer! Way to go on trying this technique. I chickened out.... ;)