Monday, August 25, 2014

SAF 1960 rad ad

Well, I didn't have much that would work for the 1960s era either. But, I found these flowers from Beautiful Blooms and thought they looked groovy and could fit right in.

I tried to stick to the colors Erin used and the negative die cuts and the off center mat. I dunno. The card is cute enough but it doesn't really scream 1960.



SAF project - 1920 bling

I didn't buy the SAF kit so I looked through my stash to see if something else could work for the 1920s era. That's when I stumbled upon the dragonfly from Happy Trails. I think that image was used a lot in brooches, hair pins, Tiffany lamps and the like in the 1920s. I die cut it from clear cardstock and then blinged the heck out of it! :)



Stamp-a-faire projects - Timer Challenge #2

My second card I made for the timer challenge at Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-faire. This took just shy of 11 minutes.



Stamp-a-faire 2014 projects - Timer Challenge #1

We had lots of soccer this past weekend but I was able to sneak in a few projects from Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire event.

Timer Challenge #1:
About 10 minutes for this one. It took me the longest to decide on a card base color!


Tuesday, August 5, 2014

MIM 175: partial die cut borders

I had such fun whipping up this card for this week's Make It Monday challenge. Danielle challenged us to use a shape die and do a partial die cut on the edge to create a border. I chose to use the teapot from Tea for Two stamp set. The sentiment is from another old set Everyday Button Bits. A couple oldies but goodies! The patterned paper is from October Afternoon. The card is just a small 4 x 4".

teapot partial die cut border (3)

teapot partial die cut border (1)

teapot partial die cut border (2)

Thanks for stopping in,