Saturday, March 6, 2010

Challenge

When challenges are posted on the various sites and blogs I'm generally not a regular player. Not because I don't enjoy the challenge but it's usually time constraints or I already have something else that is just itching to come out on to paper and I don't want to push that aside to do a challenge. But, this time the "recipe" that Becky Oehlers challenged on her blog post here caught my attention. I think what drew me in was to use white embossing on stone cardstock. I'd been wanting to try that combo anyway so this seemed like a perfect chance. The CS sizes threw me for a bit of a loop since I didn't want to just copy what Becky had done. I also had to substitute some ribbon - can you believe I didn't have any dark blue ribbon!? For shame! ;) I pushed that Stone CS around I don't know how many times trying to figure out what to do with it. I really wished I had Through the Trees set (PTI) for this but I kind of like the smaller trees as well. What do you think?

 


Stamps: Trendy Trees (SU!)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Stone (PTI); navy blue, orange (unknown)
Other: Embossing powder (PTI), ribbon (American Crafts?), button, Labels 1 (Spellbinders)

I'm feeling particularly restless and bored today. Maybe a long walk will do me good. The sun is shining (again!) and it's not half bad out - up to 45 degrees! :) Have a good one!

17 comments:

peggysue said...

That row of trees looks spectacular, I know there is a tiny tree in the Through the Trees set, but it seems like it would be similar in size. That ribbon is gorgeous and combined with the trees it reminds me of an October day, the colors of the blue and orange and the pattern. Very nice job on the challenge, quite unique!

Dana said...

So creative Jennifer! The orange with the blue looks great, and your ribbon rocks. The small trees were the perfect thing!

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful color combination! I love the ribbon and the row of trees is stunning. Terrific challenge!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, you did a great job with this challenge. So different from what I have been seeing. Really love the orange with the Enchanted Evening. Nice job.

Anika said...

Beautiful card! I *heart* blue and orange together!

Taheerah said...

Very striking, the use of the orange is a refreshing addition! Love the little row of trees along the bottom!

Sherry said...

LOVE it! I love the addition of the orange! The trees are terrific.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cool card, has kind of a southwest feel to me, and wonderful, unique interpretation of the challenge!

Kara said...

That ribbon is so cool!! Great card.
Kara

Gayatri said...

Beautiful layout on the card. Love it. TFS

Amy Kolling said...

I absolutely LOVE the little row of trees!! I like your take on the challenge!

Holly Saveur said...

Hi jennifer

Thanks for your reply to my question at PTI.
I thought they said it would be send in Februari.
It's also my first time to receive the set.
Really like your blog.
And also like the money card what a good idea!
And also this card with the trees.

Holly Saveur.

Pat said...

What a creative take on this challenge. I think the trees are perfect for this challenge. I would have thought to put these colors together but they are just great. I think this could be a great masculine card.

Lori said...

very nice and a nice take on the challenge!! I love your embossing too of the trees.

Sharron said...

Wow--awesome take on the challenge! Love how you added orange and those wonderful little embossed trees!! Very original design!

Lori said...

I think it's fantastic Jennifer!

Daniela F. said...

Awesome card, Jennifer! I really like the small scale of the trees and the fun little row you made with it. Oh, and that fresh orange sentiment panel is just perfect!