Monday, July 19, 2010

Gettin' punchy

This latest card I CASE'd from Annie. You can see her lovely card here. I loved the layout of all the elements on the card along with the fantastic color combo. I still like Annie's card best but I liked challenging myself to use some of my punches that have been languishing in the back of my drawer.


I love that little girl punch. I also have a little boy one. I've had those for eons and McGill is the mfr. I have no idea if they're still available but I can't bear to part with mine, even though I use them so rarely.

I used Polka Dot Basics 2 as the background image for the punches, the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from Enjoy the Ride, and then the flourishes from Fancy Flourishes. The ribbon is from a Love, Elsie line that I picked up ages ago. I'm thinking this would be a good card for my DD10 to give to a friend - it's "young" and colorful, just what little girls like, right? :)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

GREAT use of those punches Jennifer! I have many underused punches too. You've managed to make an adorable card here with yours!

Monica K. said...

I love this card! The flourishes with the striped ribbon looks so awesome. And those punches are adorable.

Gayatri said...

Sooo cute! I love the little girl punch out, Jen! And the layout of your card is beautiful. Love the striped ribbon and the flourishes. perfect Birthday card for girls.I am sure your Dd's friend will love it.

BTW! thanks for your lovely words on my blog :) Wouldn't it be nice to live near each other just to have craft sessions? I would love that. It will be so much fun. I will try and make tutorials and put them up on my blog for you :)

Laurie said...

So cute! I love the punches!