Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bazzill Card Shoppe

DSC_0006-1_edited-1

I ordered from Simon Says Stamp for the first time last weekend. I had heard about their notoriously slow shipping times so I prepared myself to wait weeks for my package to arrive. Imagine my surprise when I received my shipping order on Tuesday (2nd business day after my order) and then it arrived on Thursday (4 business days after my order). Wow! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I am super impressed. I'm hopeful that I can order from them again and receive the same quick service.

But, enough blathering. My order contained this sample package of Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock. It has two sheets each of six different colors of blues and greens. Again, SUPER impressed. I LOVE these colors.

Blues: Candy Necklace, Jawbreaker, Robin's Egg
Greens: Gumdrop, Juicy Pear, Easter Grass

DSC_0002-2_edited-1

The card I made uses Easter Grass (top), Juicy Pear (middle), and Robin's Egg (bottom). The black is from Papertrey Ink and has black embossed polka dots on it. The numbers are from Get To The Point (PTI) and the sentiment is from Around And About Sentiments (PTI).

DSC_0007-1_edited-1

The paper is twice the price than the Papertrey Ink cardstock that I normally buy. This sampler pack of 12 sheets was $5.49. Packages of 10 sheets of any one color are $4.99. So, $0.50/sheet where as the PTI cardstock is $3/12 sheets ($0.25/sheet). But I really, really, really love these blues and greens. I can see me waiting for a sale or a coupon to buy more.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer! I love the whole shebang, especially the black dots on black. Awesome!

Joyce said...

This is a super and dramatic card. And, yay for you for getting quick service from SSS. I've had issues with them lately, but they are very nice about it, and are working through some stuff. It is so hard for me to buy any card stock that is not PTI, because I am spoiled with the low prices. but, those colors are tempting.....and did you know you have word verification?

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous card, Jennifer! Those colours are so yummy!