Thursday, February 13, 2014

PTI Building Blocks challenge

I was able to squeeze in a card for today's challenge on Papertrey Ink.


MakeAWish_JenniferK (2)

My challenge was to use:
Pure Poppy
Raspberry Fizz
Hibiscus Burst
Fine Linen
Birthday
Heat embossing
Felt
Baker's twine
Sketch #6

Whew! Never would I have put those colors together and I was pretty intimidated, but I forged ahead. Surprisingly, I kind of like how this turned out. Who knew?! :)


MakeAWish_JenniferK (3)

I embossed the sentiment (from a Think Big set) in white on a Just the Ticket die (in Raspberry Fizz). I added a double ended banner die cut from Hibiscus Burst. I drew the border with a white pen and die cut the butterfly (from Happy Trails) from Pure Poppy felt. Who knew butterflies could be red? ;)

MakeAWish_JenniferK (1)

These challenges are great for stretching my creativity!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Jennifer, I love this!! What a fun card. I think you did great with your color combo, too.

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

A beautiful card!! Wasn't this fun!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Jennifer! I love it!
I had a couple of "different" colour combos, too, and was surprised when I was happy with how they turned out....

Monica K. said...

That was a challenging color combo to put together and I don't think mine would have turned out so well! Your card looks great, Jennifer. And the butterfly accent is a perfect touch! :)