Monday, May 28, 2012

Father's Day wallet

2011 06 22_3835_edited-1

I made these "wallets" for my DH and my dad for Father's Day last year. I got the idea from both Nichole Heady and Debbie Olson. I was so tickled with how they turned out and the guys thought they were pretty nifty too.

2011 06 22_3839_edited-1

I started with some Dark Chocolate cardstock and cut it to the size I wanted. I scored a line in the middle. Then, I cut a two pieces of kraft cardstock just a smidgen smaller than each side of the wallet. I did it this way instead of one long piece so that it was easier to fold, easier to stitch, and not so bulky in the middle. I measured and cut three slots on each of these pieces. The slots are about the length of a credit card. Then, stitched them into place on the Dark Chocolate.

A little stamping on the inside...
A little stamping on the outside...

Then I made six "cards" to fit in the slots inside the wallet. There were pictures and notes on each of these "cards".
2011 06 22_3838_edited-1

2011 06 22_3840_edited-1

And that's all there is to it. Isn't it fun? Hope you enjoyed it!

P.S. This is my 100th post! I can't believe it. :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (PTI), other kraft from stash
Stamps: All-Star Team, Outlines Alphabet, Big & Bold Wishes (all PTI), very old PSX alpha (for "DAD" on front banner)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Broken China (Tim Holtz Distress)
Other: twine (PTI), eyelet (stash), Spellbinders Nestability (not sure which label this is)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! What a great idea... I can't wait to try it. :)

Aimes said...

What a fabulous project!
Hugs!
x

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Jennifer! I love this idea--- I think I'll be borrowing it and maybe making something similar with my daughter for my husband....

Cheryl said...

Fantastic! I love everything about this wallet, especially the perfect slots. Great project!

Melissa said...

What a fabulous gift! I love the slots and the little notecards!!

June K said...

What a great project. And I love the inserts that express so much love.

Lauren said...

This is just awesome!!! What a great idea! I just love all the credit card slots that are filled with notes! :) LOVE it!!