Saturday, May 5, 2012

PTI's MIM #64

2012 05 05_5977_edited-1

I've never had taken the opportunity to play along with the Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday challenges. Either I forget, my mojo is missing, or life gets in the way. This week, the stars aligned and I created this card using Nichole's color challenge. The first one really captured my attention.

Color-challenge-1

I used last years PTI anniversary set, Botanical Silhouettes to stamp the stems and flowers about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the card. I stamped the stems in Fresh Ink Basil and the flowers in Fresh Ink Strawberry and Mango, and Amuse Blackberry. I LOVE Basil, Mango, and Strawberry - delicious colors with delicious names. :)

I then stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Big & Bold Wishes) on a separate strip of paper with Amuse Blackberry and PTI Smokey Shadow.

Then, I found a scrap of thin purple ribbon in my ribbon stash and it really worked to tie everything together. I was so happy to use up a little of my ribbon scraps. At this rate I'll finally use it all up in the year 2047! lol

That's it. An quick and easy card with happy colors and flat for easy mail-ability. Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White (PTI)
Ink: Basil, Strawberry, Mango (Fresh Ink), Blackberry (Amuse), Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes and Big & Bold Wishes (both Papertrey Ink)
Other: ribbon scrap from my stash)


7 comments:

June K said...

Your card is so pretty. Love your poppies.

victoria h said...

I chose these colours too! Great card.

Sara Mac said...

What a gorgeous card Jennifer! Love those vibrant colors. That ribbon is the perfect touch.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful take on the color challenge, Botanical Silhouettes is one of my favorite PTI sets.

Terri said...

Very pretty. Love the flowers.

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Cute. I like the way the stamping looks like watercolors.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

LEG Studios said...

What a wonderfully lovely card - great job!