Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thank you, teacher

2012 07 15_6437_edited-1

I hear it's Teacher Appreciation Week. It's also almost the end of the school year when we traditionally give a card and/or a gift and/or flowers to the teachers at school.

I wish I could remember exactly where I saw this technique - somewhere out in blogland. Sorry if it's you and I didn't give credit. Anyway, I punched a square, rounded the corners, die cut an apple from the middle, and then added Glossy Accents all over the top. It's so puffy and I just think it's so cool! Can't wait to try it with more shapes and dies.

2012 07 15_6438_edited-1

A little bit of ledger stamped background is perfect for this teacher card! It's a light gray so it doesn't show up really well in the photo (sorry about that.)

2012 07 15_6439_edited-1

Hope you like it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: white and Pure Poppy (PTI)
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes and MSS: Library Ledger (PTI)
Ink: Slate (Fresh Ink)
Other: apple die cut (PTI), Glossy Accents

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Jennifer! I love it!

Nadine said...

So cool Jennifer! I love it! I've pinned this to my cards to case board. :)

craftmates said...

Beautiful card. Will surely CASE this :) -Irma