Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Happy birthday to my brother

My brother has artistic flair and he is married to an artist so I felt the need to step up my game a little bit and do some watercoloring on this card for him.

I heat embossed the circles in white then water colored over them using my ink refills and water.

2014 Feb 17 (6)

2014 Feb 17 (7)

2014 Feb 17 (1)

To make the banner I put a piece of gray/white stripe washi tape over some white card stock and then die cut the banner using my PTI double ended banner die. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

2 comments:

Dana said...

This is great Jennifer! It really popped out at me in my feed this morning:) My brother is married to an artist as well, and I sometimes get intimidated making cards for them (which makes no sense, right? YOU AND I are artists too!). I love the technique of washi tape on cardstock to help make it pop, and your watercoloring is super duper.

Leigh Penner said...

This one looks great! I love the background!