Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby cards

2011 06 29_3882_edited-1

I made several quick baby cards all following this same pattern - just different colors. After I put the text paper down on this first card (the "pink" one) I realized that I adhered it too high and it looked a little off balance. It should have been placed a bit lower but pulling it off would have made a mess and it wasn't that bad so I just left it.

2011 06 29_3883_edited-1

Nonetheless, when I made my next card, I adhered that book text strip a little lower on the card to hit the "rule of thirds" line.

Here's the yellow one for when you just don't know yet what the little bambino is going to be - boy or girl.

2011 06 29_3884_edited-1

And all three together. So quick and simple and now I have three baby cards just waiting to be used.
2011 06 29_3885_edited-1

Supplies:
Stamps: Outline Alphabet (PTI)
Paper: White and Rustic Cream (PTI)
Other: buttons (PTI), ribbons, text paper from an old  book

Have a terrific week!

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I love these. Simple, but so perfect. You are making me want the outline alphabet set. I do agree that the balance on the cards with the focal point just a bit lower is better. But, I still like them all!

Unknown said...

Love the card set! Great to see an example of outlines alphabet without coloring too! And I agree, I like your lower placement the best.

Arlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love this set a lot...they are perfect in every way. :)

Arlene.

Mad for Paper said...

Great set! I love the simplicity of them.
TFS
Ang

Gina said...

I love the sweet, CAS cards. I agree, too, like the paper strip a little lower on the card.

DF said...

Simple and perfect! Love this idea!