Monday, July 11, 2011

Make A Wish

I had this die cut (from MME?) sitting around and just started playing with it, pulling things out and putting things together. I did a little rock-and-roll technique with the dandelion-looking flower. Then I remembered the "Make A Wish" sentiment from the Cupcake Collection and thought it was a perfect match for the dandelion. Don't you think so?

2011 06 28_3890_edited-1

I used a bit of twine to make a little x on each side of the die cut. It just seemed to call out for something and buttons didn't look quite right. I like the bit of rustic twine.

I used an edge die from Tim Holtz on the front of the card. I put a bit of patterned paper on the inside flap so the edge would stand out a bit more. It doesn't stand up very well like this so I'm holding it so you can kind of see a little better how it looks.

2011 06 28_3891_edited-1

We're on vacation this week in St. Louis but I scheduled this post so you'd have something to look at while I'm gone. I'm going to see if I can't get one more scheduled to go. Have a fantastic week!

Supplies:
Stamps: Botanical Silhouettes, Cupcake Collection (PTI)
Paper: Vintage Cream, patterned paper (MME)
Other: twine (PTI), die cut (MME), ribbon (PTI), edge die (Tim Holtz)

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Jennifer this is gorgeous! I love that edge! And those 2 little stitches are so cute!

Kara said...

very pretty...love the cross stitches......have a great trip!!

Melissa said...

So sweet! I love that die cut focal image, and the dandelions are so pretty and perfect with that sentiment!

Aimes said...

Totally rockin' and a rollin' with this beauty!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Unknown said...

So many of my card stories start with, "well I had this diecut lying around..." :) LoVe the sweet little stitches on your card! Enjoy the fun summer trip!