Friday, July 1, 2011

You Rock

I'm in love with this card. Sorry. I just am. Is that okay to say about my own stuff? I love all the white, I love the texture, I love the stars, I love the colors.

2011 06 26_3901_edited-1

This one started out as a "mojo starter." I wanted to make something but I needed something to get me going. I grabbed my A Little Argyle stamp set and Pure Poppy ink and started covering a piece of white cardstock. Wow, talk about making your eyes cross. All that red argyle against white paper. Stunning, but a little less please. So, I went back over the argyle with Text Style and Antique Linen ink. It softened it just right. Then I decided to cut stars out of the background pattern I just made. Then the card just spiraled from there, my "mojo starter" did just what I wanted it to - it led me right into this card.

It's going to be hard giving this one away. Do you ever get that way about some of your cards? This one is going to have to be saved for someone very special. *wink*

Supplies:
Stamps: A Little Argyle, Text Style, Grunge Me (all PTI)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI), Antique Linen (Ranger)
PP: Lime Twist (MME)
Other: button, felt, dies (all PTI), corner rounder, texture folder (Cuttlebug/Provo Craft), Scor-Pal for the scored border

18 comments:

Karen said...

Love this card too !!

Sue Ann said...

YOU ROCK~~ I love the texture folder ......... I have never seen that one but I will be for sure looking out for it~~~ Love the argyle paper you made and the text print made it perfect!! Great card!

Kara said...

i love it too!

Arlene said...

This card rocks...I'm in love with it! :) Your blog is very inspirational.

Arlene.

Rebecca Geile said...

I love it too! So fabulous.

Jen Carter said...

Love this card!! Great job mixing all of these elements!! It worked really well!!

Margaret M said...

Yep it's fine to love your work! I love this card too!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Jen! I love it!

Monica K. said...

I can see why you love it so much!! Really awesome card. And even more amazing because you created that cool pattern on the star (I thought it was patterned paper until I read your post.) Love it!

And congrats on being featured in the PTI newsletter! :) So fun to read about you!

Nancy said...

Absolutely you should love it, that's when you know it really is good and it is. I too, love it, great job, lots of details too!

Alberta said...

I'm in love too...I love all the white, I love the texture, I love the stars, I love the colors. What's not to love. Fab Job!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Haha! Yes, it's definitely OK to say that about your own card! And I can see why you love it - it's awesome! Thanks for explaining how it evolved.... I will remember and try to just play around with my stamps the next time my mojo needs a kick in the pants! :)

Elena said...

It's an awesome card - why not toot your own horn?! I love it too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well you SHOULD love this card, it ROCKS!!!

Gina said...

You should love it!!! It's a FABULOUS card!! I love it, too!

Aimes said...

Oh you can love this card for sure! In fact, if I were you, I'd keep my inky mitts on this beauty and never part with it :D
hugs,
Aimes
x

Nadine said...

Wow that card ROCKS! Love everything about it. Im gonna pin it so I remember to CASE it, lol!!

DF said...

Okay - so I'm not sure if the last comment saved or not. I said something to the effect that I love it!! It's perfect - the red argyle, the splotches, the stars, everything!