Friday, July 8, 2011

Birthday Ticket

This idea popped into my head the other day so I thought I better put it to paper. It actually turned out pretty close to how I saw it in my head. That doesn't always happen.

2011 06 28_3895_edited-1

I die cut some tickets from various colors of cardstock and then die cut the word "happy". The black line was hand drawn around the edge of the card. After it was all assembled I thought it needed a little something more so I added the Stickles to the letters and to the big star. It seemed to give it that little "oomph" that it needed.


Here's a close-up of the tickets...

2011 06 28_3896_edited-1

Change up the color scheme and the word on the tickets ("baby", "girl", "boy", "love"...) and you could make a variety of cards with this design.

Supplies:
Stamps: Just the Ticket; Outline Alpha, Star Prints, All Star Team (all PTI)
Paper: Smokey Shadow, White, Simply Chartreuse, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Raspberry Fizz (all PTI)
Patterned paper: from my stash
Other: Just the Ticket die, Wonderful Words die (all PTI); Stickles; star punch, American Crafts black pen

4 comments:

Abi said...

Ooooh.. Jennifer, i was trying so hard to hold off on getting this set, and now I just need it NOW!!

Lovely card, love it..

Marybeth said...

Wow such a bright happy card, I LOVE that you drew your own line. Im going to try it a few more times and see if I cant get it as nice as your line. TFS

Sara Mac said...

Brilliant card! I love the happy colors and great layout. Just perfect Jennifer!

Melissa said...

So fun, what a great card! I don't use the ticket die and set as much as I should!