Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge



Here's the challenge for this month's blog hop.


Boy, I haven't participated in a Papertrey Blog Hop in a long time. I usually can't get my act together to make something on time and post it. But, today I did. And I'm really tickled about how this card turned out (minus the little ink smudge, but we won't talk about that okay?). It's delicate and lacy and has layers and patterns but it's still flat enough to mail. The practical side in me loves that.

2012 04 15_5934_edited-1


I really love this particular quatrefoil-looking stamp from the Background Basics: Retro set and don't use it nearly enough. The pink inks I had weren't going to be dark enough so I decided to emboss the Mat Stack. It appears my photo got a little blown out but I assure you it's very pretty IRL and the "just for you" below "Celebrate Today" really is dark enough to read. Sometimes (okay, all the time) I really wish I knew more how to edit my photos so my cards would look more true to life. Ah well, I'll just keep practicing.

2012 04 15_5930_edited-1

Have fun hopping through all the other PTI blogs!

Supplies:
Paper: White cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper (both PTI)
Ink: Gypsy Blue (Fresh Ink)
Stamps: Everyday Treats, Background Basics: Retro, Friendship Jar (all PTI)
Other: lace (American Crafts), embossing powder in Rose (Zing), Mat Stack 1 die (PTI), Corner Chomper

17 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. Great idea to use the BB Retro quatrefoil stamp--I always forget about that one.

Ally said...

Beautiful. ;-) It's so soft and pretty - just delightful. ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft and lovely!

Mayol said...

Lovely card! Great stamping of the background! The trim behind the mat stack gives off a soft feel on your card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and soft card Jennifer.

Chunyuan said...

beautiful card.

Jill said...

I love that background stamp too, Jennifer, good for you for thinking of it! It makes such an impact, even on a soft, feminine card--love it!

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty, Jennifer! I love the little bit of lace you added-- so soft & feminine!

Wendy said...

So pretty. I love it.

Anne said...

So so elegent. Love it.

Aman said...

I love the effect of the light pink embossing powder!

Aman said...

I love the effect of the light pink embossing powder!

cards by cara said...

So very pretty!!

Marybeth said...

So pretty I love the softness of your card.

Rebecca said...

What a great card. I love the background. That might be a set for me. And I hear ya about the photo editing...why does it have to be so hard!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty CAS card. Love the touch of lace. The background is gorgeous.

Melissa said...

So soft and pretty, Jennifer!