Sunday, August 25, 2013

PTI August Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the blog hop for Papertrey Ink!



The challenge this month was to create a card based off a color/sketch combo. This is the one I chose. Doesn't that cake look delicious?


And here's my card.
Many Thanks_Blog Hop_1

I made this card for our summer nanny to thank her for watching the kids this summer. I know she's a book reader so when I saw this patterned paper in my MME stack I thought it would be perfect, especially with a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble enclosed!

Many Thanks_Blog Hop_2

A close up of the "ruffles". I embossed them with Background Basics: Text Style.
Many Thanks_Blog Hop_3

Many Thanks_Blog Hop_4

And here is the packaging I made to go with it.
Many Thanks_Blog Hop_5

The card (and gift card) are enclosed in a glassine bag. Then I cut two of the "handles" using the Front & Center #1 die. One on the front and one on the back adhered with Scor-Tape. I embossed her name on the front using Headline Alphabet and then a flower using Bloom Builders #3 die. Felt was cut with a button die and then topped with a button and twine.
Many Thanks_Blog Hop_6

Many Thanks_Blog Hop_7

Thanks for hopping with me!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist (all PTI)
Dies: Bloom Builders #3, medium scallops, Front & Center #1 (all PTI)
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style (PTI), sentiment (Paper Smooches)
Other: Hibiscus Burst satin ribbon, PP from MME, embossing powder

4 comments:

Kara said...

beautiful! love the text ruffles and the cute packaging!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty! I pinned it to my favourites!

Linda Nicholson said...

This is fabulous! I was really drawn to this inspiration photo and sketch but just ran out of time. Just fabulous!

Linda

Gina said...

So, so cute!!! I love it!!! This was my favorite of the inspiration photos/sketches and I love what you did with it.