Thursday, November 8, 2012

MIM #90 - take 3


2012 11 07_0005_edited-1

Welcome back! Here's my third card I did for this weeks Make It Monday challenge. I just adore how this card turned out.

2012 11 07_0007_edited-1

I perused my "Cards" board on Pinterest for a bit hoping to gain some inspiration. I already knew I wanted to use patterned paper and a negative die cut for the "5" in place of the word "five", but I couldn't figure out how to place the rest of the sentiment. Then I saw a card using the ticket die and a light bulb went off.

2012 11 07_0008_edited-1

And here's an oops that turned into a good thing. I originally planned for the card to be in the vertical position and had already cut my striped paper. But then the sentiment wouldn't fit on the tickets. Boo. So I then turned it horizontal but didn't want to waste the PP I had already cut. Hmmm...what's on the other side of this striped paper? Cute turquoise polka dots? Sold! Let's use both PP on the card, then place the tickets over both of them. And let's add a little trim to the bottom to introduce a third color and tie all the pieces together. And how about one pretty bow to finish it off.

2012 11 07_0006_edited-1

Thanks for sticking with me through all that. ;) Hope you like it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: white, Harvest Gold (PTI)
PP: Happy Day (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Hawaiian Shores (PTI), Provincial Gray (Fresh Ink)
Stamps: Just the Ticket, Up, Up, and Away, and All Star (all by PTI)
Other: By The Numbers die, ticket die, heart die (for the yellow trim) (all by PTI)


6 comments:

Sara Mac said...

I love this card Jennifer! I totally have to CASE this idea. So clever.

Laura Isham said...

This card totally caught my eye! Love the colors and the tiny little yellow scallop border.

SheriE. said...

I love how the "oops" have given me some of my favorite cards. Love yours!

Leigh Penner said...

Ooh, this one is so pretty, Jennifer! I love it!

Taheerah said...

*So* pretty Jennifer! Love the colour combo and tickets!!

Virginia Beach Boilers said...

Great sharre