Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Retro Sketches #36

I was intrigued by this week's sketch over at Retro Sketches and decided to play around with it a bit.

Here's the sketch:






And here's my card:

2012 11 07_0020_edited-1


I moved a few things around on the sketch and switched out the frills and bows for something a little more masculine for my dad's birthday (hence the reason for the number 64). On the inside, which I totally forgot to take a photo of, it says "amazing years".

2012 11 07_0019_edited-1

The numbers looked a little stark so I muted them by stamping a text stamp on them with a gray ink. That helped to tie it in a little better.

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:
Cardstock: kraft, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
PP: Note To Self (Echo Park)
Ink: Slate (Fresh Ink)
Stamps: BB: Text Style (PTI)
Other: By The Numbers dies, Mat Stack 1 die, Mat Stack Layerz die, Coluzzle (for cutting the partial circle on my PP)

No comments: